The briefing paper “EU GMO POLICIES, SUSTAINABLE FARMING AND PUBLIC RESEARCH” is produced by public-sector scientists active in biotechnology research and farmers organisations that subscribe to the freedom of farmers to use the crops they find best suited for their needs, including genetically modified (GM) crops that have been approved through the European Union’s regulatory system.
This briefing paper addresses:
- Global challenges in agriculture
- Public sector research
- Experiences with GM crops to date
- The EU regulatory framework
- Survey among farmers and scientists
- Conclusions and recommendation
The page “Briefing Paper” provides the actual text of the Briefing Paper with links to references.